We’ve packed up all of our belongings, planted a “For Sale” sign in front of the house, found a new home for our beloved kitties, and we’re about to set sail. Well, I don’t know if you can sail a Honda Pilot, and I’m not sure if I want to find out. But you get the idea.
We’re outta here.
On Monday evening, we arrive at our first stop on Alabama’s Gulf Coast. Then it’s on to New Orleans, San Antonio, Albuquerque and then we take a breather in Prescott, Ariz. That’s where our new base of operations will be. (If you live in Northern Arizona, please let me know — I’d love to say “hi” while I’m in town.)
The start of this adventure caps a tumultuous time for my family. I’m so grateful for the support of friends like you during these challenging weeks. But I also know that adversity makes writers more focused and interesting. I have several exciting projects in the works, and I believe that as a result of all this unnecessary drama, my advocacy will be better than ever.
Oh, I almost forgot. I feel introductions are in order. Here’s all of us. (From left to right, Aren, 14, Erysse, 10, yours truly, and Iden, 12)
Hey, we would love to connect with you while we’re traveling, so if you’re somewhere along our route and you have time for a cup of coffee, please let me know.
Here are this week’s stories.
- When Companies Serve Their Customers Too Well, Nobody Wins. But You Can. (Huffington Post)
- Tech tools can help rental car drivers avoid — and contest — traffic tickets (Washington Post)
- EU’s new rental car rules could be signpost for US (USA Today)
- 3 ways to get a cheaper car rental (Travel & Leisure)
- Bumped from a Spirit flight, but family’s ‘free’ flight vouchers cost $600 (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
See you on the road!